Auditions for the Actors Theater of Minnesota
Audition Notice: Princess Diana the Musical
Seeking AEA and Non-Equity Performers for a production of Princess Diana the Musical (book by Karen Sokolof Javitch and Elaine Jabenis; music and lyrics by Karen Sokolof Javitch), to be staged at the Cabaret in Camp Bar in late July, 2013. Rehearsals beginning late June. Directed by Ross Young. Musical Direction by Dennis Curley.
Men and women ages 20’s-30’s for Diana/Charles and secondary roles and chorus
Character actors/singers age 40+ for Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, and Queen Mum
SYNOPSIS: Princess Diana, the Musical tells the story of Charles and Diana, focusing on their courtship, their marriage and her relationship with the public and the rest of the Royal Family. The musical portrays the evolution of the young Diana into the intelligent, mature woman who became the most famous woman in the world.
Auditions will be held in early April. To be considered for audition please submit a headshot and resume to: ActorsMN@gmail.com. No phone calls please.
Audition Notice: The Donkey Show
Seeking dynamic actors and improvisational performance artists (ages 20’s-30’s) for THE DONKEY SHOW, the ultimate disco experience—a crazy circus of mirror balls and feathered divas, of roller skaters and hustle queens inspired by A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Producer’s Note: TDS has held long runs in New York, London, Korea and Boston amongst many others - and is a new concept of experience theater.
AUDITIONS: Week of May 1-6, 2013
PRE-PRODUCTION & COLLABORATION (Required attendance, TBD): MAY, 2013
REHEARSALS : AUGUST, 2013 (Mostly evenings)
OPENING: Mid-AUGUST, 2013
Seeking performers of all backgrounds and disciplines, ages 18+. All performers should be of a somewhat fit nature and feel comfortable in their bodies.
FOR CONSIDERATION: Email Headshot & Resume for appointment to: Casting@CardinalTheatricals.com, with the subject: “DONKEY: (Auditioner’s full name).” Indicate any special skills (including silk flying, acrobatics, etc).
- THE DISCO GIRLS. (Female Actresses/Dancers/Performers). Actresses who move well to play multiple roles (each actress plays 2 roles). Must have excellent physical skills and ability to sing classic disco songs. Must also be able to play a believable male 1970’s character and command an audience through improv and performance.
- Tytania - Sings: I LOVE THE NIGHT LIFE”, and “RING MY BELL” as well as “HEARTS OF FIRE” and “I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES”. Appears in very revealing costume, leaving little to the imagination. Must be fearless, commanding and exotic.
- Helen - Sings: “DON’T LEAVE ME THIS WAY” and “CAR WASH.” Must be a good mover and physical comedienne.
- Mia - Should posess excellent comic timing, unafraid to commit to strong choices.
- TYTANIA’S CLUB DANCERS. (Male Actors/Dancers/Performers). Seeking hot, hunky, uninhibited, vibrant, eccentric, charismatic, high-energy, athletic performers. Performers should have a big personality and be able to work a crowd. Performers will need to be comfortable dancing shirtless in go-go boy shorts.
- DR. WHEELGOOD. (Male Actor/Dancer/Performer) Mr. Oberon’s devilish trickster. Wheelgood is on quad roller-skates for the entire performance, must have excellent skating ability. Bring skates or rollerblades to the audition if coming for this role, you will be asked to perform the dance choreography on skates.
- DJ. (Male Actor/Performer) Performer must have real DJ skills and spin disco music for the pre and post shows. DJ is the heart and pulse of Club OBERON with an electric personality and a love for nightlife. This role also requires a performer who moves well and can perform some choreography.
- UNDERSTUDY POSITIONS for all roles listed above.
- WAITERS & DISCO GIRLS for interactive house staff and cock-tailing opportunities, including minor performance appearances. Must have a cool, 70’s disco-vibe and possess incredible smiles and charisma to melt the hardest of hearts. Special skills may include roller skating or silk performance, as well!
Reid Harmsen, Casting Director. Andrew Rasmussen, Director/Producer.
Actors Theater of Minnesota calls in people for auditions based on actors we have in our files. If you are interested in future audition opportunities, please send in your resume and headshot to:
- or -
Actors Theater of Minnesota
350 St. Peter Street, Suite 200
St. Paul, MN 55102